SATURDAY UPDATE

Friday April 26, 2019
LEICESTER will make an early call regarding the prospects for racing at the Paul Chapman & Sons Arena on Saturday.

The Watling JCB Lions are due to host Newcastle in their opening Championship fixture – but, as it stands, the weather forecast is not encouraging.

A final decision will be taken on Saturday morning, but IF the meeting is postponed it will take place THIS SUNDAY at 5.30pm, with a far better forecast at this stage.

Boss Stewart Dickson said: “We have been checking the forecast all week, and it does not look good for tomorrow.

“We have a contingency plan in place which will be Sunday at 5.30pm, and we would like to place on record our thanks to the Newcastle promotion and riders for agreeing if necessary to run on Sunday.”

The final decision will be taken at 9am on Saturday and we will let supporters know as soon as possible.




Share This:   Facebook Twitter